Hyper-V: Windows 7 – Dont boot after install
After the install completes, a black screen appear and Windows dont boot (or start)…
How to repare:
- Create a new Virtual Machine on your Hyper-V (Server 2008 R2).
- Install Windows 7 from a DVD or an ISO file, whatever makes you happy.
- On the final reboot of the install, you will, of course, get the above mentioned black screen.
- Reboot the VM, but this time press a key to boot from the Windows 7 DVD (or boot from your ISO) so that you can get into the repair mode (recovery console/DOS prompt).
- Type C: to go to the C (boot) drive of your Windows 7 VM. Here’s the magic:
- Simply type the following command at the recovery console DOS prompt
bootsect.exe /nt60 all /forcé
7. type EXIT and then reboot the machine.