Downgrade Internet Explorer 10 to Internet Explorer 9
You upgraded to IE10 but have decided to downgrade back to IE9.
NOTE: Some people have commented that in rare instances that IE10 is removed but IE9 is not installed. So before doing this, be sure to install Chrome or Firefox just in case so you have a web browser with which you can download IE9 or IE10 manually.
Need help preventing these types of destructive automatic upgrades from ruining your day? Contact us! We’ll work with you and your IT team to develop a sound strategy for controlling Microsoft updates.
This is done using Programs and Features. I am using Windows 7 for this article.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on Programs.
- Click on Turn Windows Features On or Off under Programs and Features.
- The Windows Features window will appear.
- Deselect Internet Explorer 10.
- Click Ok.
- Windows will roll-back IE10. This may take a few minutes.
- Windows will want to restart. Click Restart Later.