Outlook 2007 – Move an Offline Folder File (.ost)
If you work offline with Outlook or use Cached Exchange Mode with Microsoft Exchange Server, you can change the location of the local Offline Folder file (.ost) to a different folder or hard disk drive.
- Exit Outlook.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Mail, and then click E-mail Accounts.
- Click Show Profiles, and then select the profile that contains the .ost file.
- Click Properties, and then click Data Files.
- Select the Exchange Server account, and then click Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, clear the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box.
- When you see this message: You must restart Outlook for these changes to take effect, click OK.
- Click Settings.
- On the Advanced tab, click Offline Folder File Settings.
- Click Disable Offline Use, and then click Yes in the dialog box that appears.
- Click Offline Folder File Settings.
- Click Browse, go to the location where you want to save your .ost file, enter a name in the File name box, and then click Open.
- Click OK.
- Select the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box.
- Click OK. When you see this message: You must restart Outlook for these changes to take effect, click OK.
- Click Close.
- The next time that you start Outlook, the new .ost file will be synchronized with your Exchange Server mailbox.